The New Industry-Leading Looper
For those awaiting the arrival of the ultimate looper, the wait is finally over. Introducing the RC-50 — the most feature-laden Loop Station BOSS has ever built. It’s the best live looping tool ever built for that matter. Housed in a spacious seven-footswitch floor unit, the RC-50 lets you manipulate three stereo phrase tracks simultaneously. Each track supports multiple overdubs, so phrases can be stacked one by one on each track, resulting in a monstrous layer of looped phrases.
- The new industry-leading looping tool for live performance!
- 7 footswitches for intuitive control; realtime control of playback speed
- Play up to 3 stereo phrase tracks simultaneously, all synced to an internal or MIDI clock
- Ultra-long recording time (up to 49 min., mono), 99 patches (3 master loops per patch)
- Undo/Redo function for recording and overdubbing
- Center-cancellation feature, "flat" amplifier simulation feature
- Stereo input, dual stereo output, XLR phantom-powered mic input, stereo mini-jack Aux input (for recording from an MP3 players, etc.)
- USB port for data/audio backup, import/export of loops as WAV files
The New Industry-Leading Looper
Loop, Layer, Rock!
Ready to blow your audience away? With a single RC-50, a guitarist, bassist, keyboardist, or vocalist can create a perfectly synced wall of sound live onstage. There are three simultaneous stereo phrase channels on the RC-50, each with a dedicated footswitch. Each channel can contain dozens of loops/phrases that you stack one by one, so you can imagine how massive your arrangements or solos can become!
The RC-50 speaks sync. For bands that incorporate digital audio tracks, sequences, drum machines, and/or video elements into their live gigs, sync is not a luxury — it’s a necessity. For scenarios such as these, the RC-50 can be locked to an external MIDI clock source, ensuring that its loop performances are absolutely locked to the rest of the show. Internally, the RC-50 offers Loop Quantize for easy loop recording, plus Loop Sync (which enables all phrases to start in sync), and Tempo Sync (which matches the tempo of multiple phrases during playback).
To make recording as fun and inspiring as possible, the RC-50 provides a total of 379 play-along Rhythm Guide Patterns using real sampled drums in a wide variety of time signatures. Why record to a stale click track when you can jam with rockin’ grooves instead?
The RC-50’s rear panel is well stocked with connectors, offering a variety of inputs (stereo Inst ins, XLR input with 48V phantom power, mini-jack aux), outputs (1/4” stereo, 1/4” sub stereo outs, headphone out), and USB for importing WAV files from computers. MIDI in and out jacks are provided, as are 1/4” TRS inputs for accommodating an optional Expression pedal and footswitches; up to four footswitches can be used simultaneously.
The RC-50 has plenty of other noteworthy features on offer, for example: Phrases can be played forward or backward. Phrases can be retriggered in “free time” or on a time-aligned grid. Errors can be corrected on the fly with the Undo/Redo switch.
Support Documents available for this product are listed below. In addition, we have a library of Support Documents that you can download and reference.
- RC50WS01: Using Single Mode (PDF)
- The RC-50's Single mode is used for recording and playing loops in sequential order, making it great for creating separate song sections on-the-fly during a live performance. In this booklet, we cover Single mode essentials, including pedal operations and important patch settings.
- RC50WS02: Using Multi Mode (PDF)
- When the RC-50's in Multi mode, it becomes a looping multitracker with the ability to play up to three phrases at once. This booklet covers Multi mode in detail.
- RC50WS03: Patches (PDF)
- In this booklet, you'll learn how to edit and store patches, so that you can configure the RC-50 just the way you like for any looping adventure.
- RC50WS04: Audio Inputs and Outputs (PDF)
- With three different types of audio inputs, the RC-50 provides the right connections for your guitar, bass, keyboard, microphone, or MP3/CD player. Once you're connected, multiple outputs give you plenty of options for monitoring and processing your sound after it leaves the RC-50. This booklet gives you the lowdown on using the inputs and outputs.
- RC50WS05: The Guide and Loop Quantize (PDF)
- The RC-50's built-in guide provides a rhythmic backing you can play along with when recording phrases, while the Loop Quantize feature helps you keep your phrases in perfect sync with the guide and each other. This booklet covers both of these features in detail.
- RC50WS06: Tempos and Tempo Sync (PDF)
- In this booklet, you'll learn all about the tempo settings that are at the heart of many RC-50 functions. You'll also learn how to use the Tempo Sync feature, which synchronizes phrases to the patch tempo without changing their pitch.
- RC-50 TurboStart (PDF)
- BOSS Product Catalog 2008 (PDF)
- Forging the Future - Innovation for Creative Inspiration
BOSS forges into 2008 with an awe-inspiring lineup of effects, digital studios, and accessories.
- RC-50 Manual (PDF)
- RC-50 Brochure (PDF)