BOSS’s BR-1600CD 16-track recorder, the most popular and full-featured portable 16-track on the market, expands with a Version 2 upgrade. Already powerful with its eight XLR inputs for simultaneous recording, pro-grade effects, and backing tracks, the BR-1600CD with Version 2 upgrade (free for all previous BR-1600 units) improves and adds to the existing effects, including COSM® bass amp models from the GT-6B, enhanced vocal tools, MIDI sync capability, and more. Also new to Version 2 — the BR-1600CD can read BR-1200CD/1180CD song data, no conversion process necessary.
- 16-track (256 V-Track) digital studio with 40GB hard drive and CD-R/RW drive
- Record all 8 XLR inputs simultaneously—ideal for tracking live performances
- Powerful onboard effects including COSM modeling for guitar, bass and vocals
- New Vocal Tool Box with auto pitch correction and Harmony Sequence function
- 16 individual Track EQs, plus 8 dedicated compressors
- Mastering Tool Kit with multi-band compression for loud and punchy CDs
- Create backing tracks quickly via independent Drum/Bass and Loop Phrase tracks
- USB port for easy data exchange, plus V-LINK video control*
- COSM models added (derived from BOSS’s GT-6B)
- Enhanced Vocal Tool Box for better vocals and backings
- MIDI Slave capable for control from external MIDI devices
- BR-1180CD/1200CD data compatible
*V-LINK requires Edirol DV7-PR with software version 1.50 or higher.
New Bass Effects
Two types of bass-amp models were provided in the original BR-1600CD. Now, in Version 2, six COSM models have been added, bringing the total to eight. Also new to Version 2 are COSM-powered overdrive/distortion effects derived from the GT-6B, plus 2x2 Chorus, Humanizer, Vibrato, Slow Gear, and Ring Modulator effects. In Version 2, the order/routing of FX blocks can be freely modified.
Enhanced Vocal Tool Box
Fix pitch, add harmony tracks—these essential tools have been part of the BR-1600CD’s feature set since its release. With Version 2, the Vocal Tool Box gets even better with enhanced realtime vocal-pitch correction that allows you to designate specific editing regions (by contrast, Version 1’s pitch correction was a real time process in units of semitones). The Harmony Sequence feature has been improved as well, allowing you to have more control over the editing parameters.
New to the BR-1600CD is its ability to synchronize playback or recording with another BR-1600CD, recorder, or MIDI sequencer via incoming MIDI Time Code (MTC). If you have a friend who owns a BR-1600CD, for example, the two units can be combined to create a 32-track recording studio with 16 simultaneous input channels!