BR-800 System Program (Ver.1.10)
This system program updates the BR-800 system program to the latest version 1.10.
[ Version 1.10
- The user patches for an insert effect can be copied to song patches in the same bank, or song patches can be copied to user patches in the same bank.
- MOVE (for moving data) and EXCHANGE (allows you to replace data) have been added to the functions available for editing tracks.
(Refer to the "Additional Functions in Version 1.1" (BR-800_l_v1.1_e01.pdf) for details.)
[ Version 1.06
- BR-800 might not work correctly when connecting to a personal computer on the USB storage mode.
What you will need to update your BR-800
- A SD Card (We recommend the SD Card came with BR-800)
* The SD card need to be formatted on a BR-800 and have 2MB or more free space.
- A computer with a SD Card Reader/Writer.
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the BR-800. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- When you update, use an attached AC adaptor as the power source. Never use a battery or USB-bus power.
- If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the BR-800 won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
- Please open/extract the downloaded "br800_sys_v110.zip" file on your computer to get the four update files named "_BOOTPRG.BR_", "_BR_PROG.BR_", "_BR_RHYM.BR_" and "_UPDINFO.BR_" in the "br800_sys_v110" folder.
Procedure for the update
Creating the Update Card
Use a computer with a SD Card Reader/Writer to copy the four update files onto the root directory of an SD memory card.
* Do not copy the "br800_sys_v110" folder.
* Don't LOCK the SD memory card.
* If you use a commercially available SD card, you must format it on the BR-800.
- Turn BR-800 power off.
- Insert the SD memory card included the update files to BR-800 with the power turned off.
- Turn BR-800 power on. Update program starts automatically.
* If this shows the latest version (Version 1.10 or later) at "OLD Version:", there’s no need to update your BR-800. Push the [EXIT] button. Then, after the message "CANCELED" will be displayed on the screen, turn BR-800 power off. In addition, delete the update files from the SD memory card for the normal usage.
Update System ?
- Push the [ENTER] button to start updating.
Never power-off your BR-800 or un-mount the SD memory card while the update is in progress.
- When the update processing is completed, the message "Complete!!" will be displayed.
- Turn BR-800 power off, and un-mount the SD memory card.
- Delete the update files from the SD memory card for the normal usage.