GT-100 System Program Ver.2.10
Changes in Operating Systems Compatible with the GT-100
The GT-100 Ver.2.10 is to be used as a set together with GT-100 Driver Ver.2.1.
When using the GT-100 Ver.2.10 connected to a computer, make the connection to a computer that is running a supported operating system.
The operating systems compatible with GT-100 Driver Ver.2.1 are as follows.
- Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- macOS 10.12
OS X 10.9 / OS X 10.10 / OS X 10.11
* If the computer you're using runs an operating system that is not supported, use GT-100 System Program Ver.2.03 and GT-100 Driver Ver.2.0.0.
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your GT-100 before downloading the archive file.
- Hold down [ EFFECT ] button and [ SYSTEM ] button, and press and hold POWER switch.
The left display will show the current version number at "Ver."
- Press and hold POWER switch to turn off the power.
*Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
[ Version 2.10
- Periodic sending of MIDI pitch bend sensitivity was stopped.
- Support for GT-100 Driver Ver.2.1 was added.
GT-001 Driver Ver.2.1 has been provided with a function for switching the sampling rate.
* Use the GT-100 Ver.2.10 in combination with GT-001 Driver Ver.2.1.
The following bugs were fixed.
- When PREAMP was set to a specific value, the sound sometimes did not play as set.
- Changes made in BOSS TONE STUDIO were sometimes not applied correctly on the GT-100.
- MIDI System Exclusive messages were sometimes not received correctly.
The following bug was fixed.
- Inconsistencies in some parameter values occur when using BOSS TONE STUDIO for GT.
The following bug was fixed.
- A problem in which edits made to GT-100 Ver.2 failed to be applied to BOSS TONE STUDIO for GT was corrected.
How to update your GT-100 to Ver.2
Various functions are added by updating the GT-100 to Ver.2.
For details, refer to "About GT-100 Ver. 2
[ Cautions ]
When you update the GT-100 from Ver.1 to Ver.2, please check the following points.
- The Preset patch setting is also updated.
* You can download Preset patches of Ver.1 from TONE CENTRAL.
- The settings saved as user patches in the GT-100 are held even after the update. ( New parameter settings added for Ver.2 are supplied when the GT-100 itself is updated. )
Please import your user patch data stored in GT-100 Librarian to the GT-100 before the update.
- The maximum recording time for the phrase loop is changed to 32 seconds for monaural recording (16 seconds for stereo recording).
What you will need to update your GT-100
- USB cable
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac OS X )
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the GT-100. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your GT-100 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the GT-100 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "gt100_sys_v210.zip" file on your computer to get the two update files named "ROMINFO.TXT" and "GT100ROM.BIN" in the "gt100_sys_v210" folder.
Procedure for the update
- You must not rename the extracted files.
- Never turn off the GT-100's power while the update is in progress. Otherwise the system program or the GT-100 itself may be destroyed.
Please install the extracted system program files into your GT-100 according to the following procedure.
- Adjust the OUTPUT LEVEL knob to minimum.
* Do not connect the GT-100 and the computer yet.
- Hold down [ SYSTEM ] button and press and hold [ POWER ] switch.
The message "GT-100 Updater" will appear on the display.
- Connect the computer to the GT-100's USB port by a USB cable.
The message "USB Connected." will appear on the display.
- Open the BOSS_GT-100 icon.
"Removable Disk (*:)" may appear instead of the BOSS_GT-100 icon.
- Copy (drag and drop) all the files included in the "gt100_sys_v210" folder into the "BOSS_GT-100" icon.
* Do not copy the "gt100_sys_v210" folder.
- Disconnect the BOSS_GT-100 from the computer.
Right-click on the "BOSS_GT-100" icon in My Computer (or the "Removable Disk (*:)" icon) and execute "Eject."
With Mac OS
Drag the "BOSS_GT-100" icon to the Trush icon in the Dock.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
The message "Push [WRITE] to start" will appear on the display.
- Press [ WRITE ] button to start the update process.
- The message "Completed." will appear on the display when the update process completes.
- Turn the GT-100 power off.
Please verify the version number "2.10" with the procedure described in "How to tell the version" part of this document.