GT-1B System Program (Ver.1.02)
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your GT-1B before downloading the archive file.
- Hold down the [ ENTER ] button and connect a cable to the INPUT jack to turn on the power.
The current version is shown on the display.
- Disconnect the cable to turn off the power.
* Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
] JUL 2017
- Pitch-detection performance by BASS SYNTH and RING MOD was enhanced.
What you will need to update your GT-1B
- Guitar cable
- USB cable
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac OS X )
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the GT-1B. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your GT-1B while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the GT-1B won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "gt1b_sys_v102.zip" file on your computer to get the two update files named "ROMINFO.TXT" and "GT1BROM.BIN" in the "gt1b_sys_v102" folder.
Procedure for the update
- You must not rename the extracted files.
- Never turn off the GT-1B's power while the update is in progress. Otherwise the system program or the GT-1B itself may be destroyed.
Please install the extracted system program files into your GT-1B according to the following procedure.
- Hold down the [ EXIT ] button and connect a cable to the INPUT jack to turn on the power.
The message "GT-1B Updater" will appear on the display.
- Connect the computer to the GT-1B's USB port by a USB cable.
The message "USB Connected." will appear on the display.
- Open the BOSS_GT-1B icon.
"Removable Disk (*:)" may appear instead of the BOSS_GT-1B icon.
- Copy (drag and drop) all the files included in the "gt1b_sys_v102" folder into the "BOSS_GT-1B" icon.
* Do not copy the "gt1b_sys_v102" folder.
- Disconnect the BOSS_GT-1B from the computer.
Right-click on the "BOSS_GT-1B" icon in My Computer (or the "Removable Disk (*:)" icon) and execute "Eject."
Drag the "BOSS_GT-1B" icon to the Trush icon in the Dock.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
The message "Push [ENTER] to start." will appear on the display.
- Press [ ENTER ] button to start the update process.
- The message "Completed." will appear on the display when the update process completes.
- Turn the GT-1B power off.
Please verify the version number "1.02" with the procedure described in "How to tell the version" part of this document.