KATANA System Program ( Ver.1.02 )
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your KATANA before downloading the archive file.
- Move the [POWER CONTROL] switch to "STANDBY."
- Turn the POWER switch on while holding down the [ TAP ] button.
If any "TONE SETTING" indicator is flashing, carry out update.
* If all "TONE SETTING" indicators are dark, the unit is at the most recent version. No update operation is necessary.
- When you have finished verifying the version, turn off the power.
* Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
] OCT 2016
- Support for BOSS TONE STUDIO for KATANA was added.
- Noise when switching effects was reduced.
The following bug was fixed.
- No sound produced immediately after making a USB connection.
What you will need to update your KATANA
- USB cable
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, macOS / OS X )
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the KATANA. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your KATANA while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the KATANA won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "katana_sys_v102.zip" file on your computer to get the two update files named "ROMINFO.TXT" and "KATANARM.BIN" in the "katana_sys_v102" folder.
Procedure for the update
- You must not rename the extracted files.
- Never turn off the KATANA's power while the update is in progress. Otherwise the system program or the KATANA itself may be destroyed.
Please install the extracted system program files into your KATANA according to the following procedure.
- Adjust the [ MASTER ] knob to minimum.
* Do not connect the KATANA and the computer yet.
- Turn the POWER switch on while holding down both the [ CH1 ] and [ PANEL ] Tone Setting buttons.
The indicators for the [CH1] ~ [CH4] buttons flash.
- Connect the computer to the KATANA's USB port by a USB cable.
The indicators for the [CH1] through [CH2]/[CH4] buttons stop flashing and stay lighted, and a "BOSS_KATANA" drive appears on the computer screen.
- Open the BOSS_KATANA icon.
"Removable Disk (*:)" may appear instead of the BOSS_KATANA icon.
- Copy (drag and drop) all the files included in the "katana_sys_v102" folder into the "BOSS_KATANA" icon.
* Do not copy the "katana_sys_v102" folder.
- Disconnect the BOSS_KATANA from the computer.
With Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7
Right-click on the "BOSS_KATANA" icon in My Computer (or the "Removable Disk (*:)" icon) and execute "Eject."
With Mac OS
Drag the "BOSS_KATANA" icon to the Trush icon in the Dock.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
The [PANEL] button flashes.
- Press [ PANEL ] button to start the update process.
While the update is in progress, the "EFFECTS" indicators light up.
- When the update has finished, the "EFFECTS" indicators slowly flash simultaneously.
- Turn the KATANA power off.
This completes the update operation. The new system program runs at the next startup.
Follow the procedure for verifying the version to verify that the version has been updated.