RC-505 System Update Version 2.00
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your RC-505 before downloading the archive file.
- Hold down left arrow button and right arrow button, and switch on the power.
The display will show the current version number at "Ver."
- Turn RC-505 off after checking the version.
* Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
] JUN 2016
- Improved looper functionality
We added looper operation options in order to optimize live performance.
- Improved effect functionality
INPUT and TRACK FX each allow you to use up to three effects simultaneously.
- Improved control functionality
Control functionality via external pedal or MIDI has been added.
Please refer to the "RC-505 Version 2.0 Supplementary Manual" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manuals
The following bug was fixed.
- When UNDO function was executed at the particular timing, an error message appeared.
The following bugs were fixed.
- When you switch to a phrase memory with a different tempo, the delay effect sounded incorrectly.
- When a delay with "Time = notes" had been set to the phrase memory on start-up, the delay effect sounded incorrectly.
- When you perform "REDO" function on "REVERSE = ON" setting, it could not playback in reverse.
What you will need to update your RC-505
- USB cable
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, MacOS X )
Caution when performing the update
- We recommend that you back your user data up before you perform the update. If a problem occurs and your user data is lost, you will be able to restore the original state by restoring the data you backed up. For details on the procedure, refer to the Owner's Manual.
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the RC-505. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your RC-505 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the RC-505 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "rc505_sys_v200.zip" file on your computer to get the update files in the "rc505_sys_v200" folder.
Procedure for the update
- You must not rename the extracted files.
- Never turn off the RC-505's power while the update is in progress. Otherwise the system program or the RC-505 itself may be destroyed.
Please install the extracted system program files into your RC-505 according to the following procedure.
- Hold down [ TAP TEMPO ] button and [ START/STOP ] button and switch on the power.
The message "RC-505 Updater" will appear on the display.
- Connect the computer to the RC-505's USB port by a USB cable.
The message "Connected." will appear on the display.
- Open the RC505_UPD icon.
Within Computer (or My Computer), open "RC505_UPD".
With Mac OS
* "Removable Disk (*:)" may appear instead of the RC505_UPD icon.
On the desktop, open the "RC505_UPD" icon.
- Copy (drag and drop) all the files included in the "rc505_sys_v200" folder into the "RC505_UPD" icon.
* Do not copy the "rc505_sys_v200" folder.
- Disconnect the RC505_UPD from the computer.
Right-click on the "RC505_UPD" icon in My Computer (or the "Removable Disk (*:)" icon) and execute "Eject."
With Mac OS
Drag the "RC505_UPD" icon to the Trush icon in the Dock.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
The message "[WRITE] to start" will appear on the display.
- Press [ WRITE ] button to start the update process.
- The message "Completed." will appear on the display when the update process completes.
- Turn the RC-505 power off.
Please verify the version number with the procedure described in "How to tell the version" part of this document.